Thursday, July 22, 2010

RC Goes Shopping

  • So I'm in the bookstore, and some ugly chick goes running up to her boyfriend (I assume) and says, "Guess what? They're screwing up Avatar even more!" My thought: That's even possible? I thought with its leftist plot, hack director, and one-note gimmicks the movie was already screwed up.
  • Still at the bookstore. People still pay for stuff in stores with checks? Seriously? Haven't the Visa Check Card commercials shamed them out of this? I swear tonight was the first time I saw someone write a check in a store in YEARS. If you're writing a check in a store today, you're a fossil. The store should charge admission for children to stare at you and talk about remnants of the dark ages.
  • Moving on to grocery shopping. How, without a hint of awareness of the irony, can a supermarket pharmacy employ a 300 pound woman where she'll have to stand under a sign that says "Diabetic Center?"
  • I've been losing weight. Do you want to know why I'm losing weight? Too bad, I'm going to tell you anyway. It's because all the good food is getting fucking expensive. I bought a large pack of cheap steaks TO COOK AND SNACK ON because they were cheaper than potato chips. By the pound, the steaks cost $3.99. A bag of Doritos cost $3.99 for 11.5 ounces -- over $5.50 a pound. What the fuck is going on in this country when a bag of low-grade processed corn and cheap powdered flavoring costs more per pound than a bred, fed, dead and butchered cow?
  • I'm really beginning to hate those little cars stores put on the front of shopping carts to keep kids entertained. It makes the carts twice as big and unweildy, and the goddamn foreigners who can't drive a real car can't handle these either. And it's ALWAYS a whole family of foreigners, too. ONE PERSON CAN DO THE SHOPPING. THE REST OF THE MOTHERFUCKERS CAN STAY HOME AND OUT THE MIDDLE OF THE GODDAMN AISLE. And learn some English while you're there.
  • Arby's Steakhouse Sub: I've had worse. I've also had better. I'm not exactly sure what's supposed to be "steakhouse-y" about it, though. It's just roast beef with cheese, onion straws, and some sort of nearly flavorless sauce. But at $3, it's cheaper than some of the other things on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment